Monday, February 9, 2009

Starfox/Stoybookland/Download-er-ama

I'm sitting in programming and a kid in front of me is playing Starfox on his computer and I'm daydreaming about my new speakers and how the subwoofer kicks just enough while adding low end without sounding tacky as I'm worrying about VECR, time, and my low grades. There's something about being in college that isnt conducive to me succeeding. Also, run on sentences are proper English. Shut up English teachers.

Last night I had dinner with some friends. We took the shuttle to a personal favorite restaurant of mine. The shuttle passed through Rosemont College, adequately dubbed "storybookland" by one of my friends. Looking at the buildings, the winter trees, and the lack of wandering people, I found myself asking "WHO IN THE HELL GOES TO ROSEMONT COLLEGE?" Which brings me to the crux of my argument: WHO IN THE HELL GOES TO ROSEMONT COLLEGE? Really, I cant get over that. There was nobody there. Yet it was still a college. Not a university, but a college, for those who care.

I went home this weekend. At home I spend my time downloading music frantically because my financial strain has kept me from buying music recently. I blame the economy. I downloaded hundreds of songs including Friendly Fires, Blackstar, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Animal Collective, Coconut Records, Two Tongues, Gnarls Barkley, Clipse, and Freeway (Philly's Finest). Now I have hours of music, but seconds of time. I love the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment